Thursday, June 5, 2014

Magic Knitting Elves (Or lack thereof)

I keep hoping that if I leave this scarf out somewhere that magical knitting elves will appear and finish it up.  Sadly, the Philosopher and the cats have not taken the hint and done a few rows for me, so I'm still only halfway through the brown section.

IMG_7037

I do like this half of the scarf much better than the first half. Part of that is probably the fact that I looked at the light pink half in unfinished shawl giving me guilt form for a couple of years but also I think it's blending and shifting between the red and the brown more smoothly and with less abruptness. The colors are closer together overall and that helps.

IMG_7038

This yarn is giving me excellent stitch definition though and it should be interesting when finished. Interesting and then off to the gift bin.  If I can finish it up this week it will put me over the 20% mark for The KnitGirllls 5K and that would be a good place to be in the first week of June. Of course, it helps if I pack in on the train and work on it during the commute rather than staring wistfully at it and leaving it by the bedside hoping for those elves...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...