Saturday, March 15, 2014

From the BMFA Dyepots

My new yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts arrive late last week.  This was a purchase that had been stewing for a while, I'd bought a gift card with a Christmas gift from my grandmother. I'd finally settled on these for the neck scarfs that the Philosopher has been requesting, when a rummage through the stash revealed a surprising paucity of options that were outside the color blue.  While there is still a lot of fingering weight yarn in the stash, most of it is in pairs+ now, meaning I bought it with the intention of knitting bigger items. Looking back through the all-used-up category of stash, I have gone through an awful lot of fingerweight yarn thus far.  Sometime I might even be able to easily fit all of the stash into its bins. I'm getting there!

Well, I'd be closer if I'd stop buying yarn, but the yarn in has been considerably lower of late and so I didn't mind getting this yarn.

I bought three skeins of BMFA Socks that Rock Lightweight. I don't think I've ever actually knit a skein of the lightweight, I really love the Mediumweight for fast and lovely socks, but I thought this would be a nice change and a little lighter for the neck scarves.

First up was a colorway that, really, I had to buy. It comes with the whole dating a Philosopher:

IMG_6940 (2)

Was there any way for me not to buy Metaphysical Angst?

IMG_6932 (2)

I also took the opportunity to pick up another Raven Clan colorway: Valkyrie.  If you've not seen one of these before, this was what happened when Tina of BMFA added color to black. I've got a shawl that I wear all the time that Sibling the Elder knit me about five years ago from another Raven Clan colorway. It's faded to lighter shades and felted a bit from all the wear, but it still looks lovely.

IMG_6958

I am hoping that the Philosopher will get equal wear out of this skein.

IMG_6951

And finally, also in keeping with things at Chez Hedgehog, this colorway is called Tea and Alchemy:

IMG_6962

The two ends are fairly different and I'm looking forward to seeing how it winds up

IMG_6963


Amazingly, there were no felines in the lightbox today. They were both lurking around while I was taking photos, and I have to tell you I found this the other day:


















But rest assured that everyone around Chez Hedgehog is healthy and continues to be furry. Pyewacket for proof this afternoon, lounging just up to the left of my computer.

IMG_6927 (2)

Her life is soooo hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...