Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Resting My Hand

I've done something to my left hand. I'm not entirely clear what, but there's been pain between my pinky and ring finger for about a week.  While knitting doesn't seem to make it worse, neither does it make it better and for the past couple of days I've refrained from knitting to see if that helps recovery time a bit. I've a doctor's appointment on Thursday to find out what, exactly, is going on.

I love my internal medicine doctor. She's smart, practical, believes in a little common sense before we throw all of the tests at things, and she has a robust patient portal. Deciding this morning I wanted to see her, I could log in, see what times she had available on Thursday, describe the incoming problem so she's prepared, and submit. Then I could clear my calendar, knowing immediately what time I'd see her, and go on with my day. So much easier than trying to ring her assistant tomorrow, navigate my calendar and hers, etc etc. 

The first pair of socks for 2014 is done, I finished them last Friday, but there's been very little knitting since then due to the hand issues.  I'll get some photos up soon. 

As I wait for my hand to sort itself out, perhaps this is a good time to go through the stash (again) and pull out those skeins I was thinking of getting rid of....

After all, there's a delivery from The Loopy Ewe that's supposed to arrive today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...