I got permission to blog about the sweater, so I can show you how things are going!
It's a top down cardigan design, with first sweater tabs cast on and then the back and shoulders and fronts knit from there. It took me a couple of readings through the pattern to really understand what was going on but once I'd done that--things have been going quite smoothly.
That's where I'd gotten to at the end of the first skein of yarn, which is about 150 yards of Plum Cake Elizabeth Bennet Yarn Love merino/silk/bamboo. I'd just gotten past splitting the sleeves onto spare needles (I'd ended up buying way too many size 2 circulars but I suppose eventually I'll be using them all.) and was starting down back shaping and increases in the front.
It was rather gratifying to get the sleeves onto their own needles and get to actually try the sweater on as though it was clothing:
I will of course be making the sleeves but it's a cute cap sleeve right here...
Now I'm most of the way through another skein and 20 rows from being done with the back shaping.
As you can see a little clearer in this picture, there's a mock seam running down the side created by slipped stitches.
The yarn isn't pooling too much, it created a rather strange X shape, sort of like houndstooth in the swatch and I was hoping that would appear here. Instead I'm getting some miscellaneous little stripes. The yarn is also a little more splitty than I'd like and what I'd recommend for this project. I did end up with a couple of extra stitches when I was doing the back increases but those seemed to be user error rather than an issue with the pattern numbers. I'm going to have a lot of ends to weave in once this is done and blocked.
Gypsy thinks I should be paying more attention to her.