Wool in the Muggy City

Now, you didn't think I managed to go to New Orleans and not acquire wool, did you?  Really?

The worst part is I wasn't even trying. I had gotten directions to walk to one of the Louisiana State Museums that is on Jackson Square. I set off out of my hotel, turned at the appropriate corners, stopped at CVS for sunscreen....

And then I saw a sign ahead of me. A needlepoint shop. I don't know many people who do needlepoint but it made more sense than holding an afghan's worth of bulky weight wool in my lap. I slowed just a bit to peer in the windows as I strolled past.

Next thing you knew I was inside the store because I could see the yarn!!

I'd found the Quarter Stitch.

011

The three ladies and adorable bichon mutt that were there were lovely.  There wasn't a huge selection of wool and nearly all of it was stuff I could get here in Chicago pretty easily. They did have a bit of locally dyed cotton but a) I own way too much cotton b) the skeins were pretty but not quite me and c) they were rather pricey--though good yardage.

I picked up one skein only. One skein of Colinette Jitterbug. I discovered this yarn some time ago and I love it. I think her color sense is gorgeous and I have four colors that some day will turn into a lovely progressing fall tree shawl. I'd planned to use Charlotte's Web, but I haven't fully decided yet.
014
This is a rich luscious shade of purple called Velvet Bilberry.  It's her new larger put up--400 yards in 150 grams and is priced more expensively because of it.  I'm looking forward to it being part of a beautiful shawl.

The ladies did a lovely job of wrapping it up too! Super cute.  Wish I could have stayed and knitted but there were things to see and conferencing to do.
010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting Adjacent

There had better be time on the plane...

You Should Too...