Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Knit and Crochet Blog Week Day Two: An Inspirational Pattern

Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acquired, or just because it seems like a huge undertaking of time and dedication, most people feel they still have something to aspire to in their craft. If you don’t feel like you have any left of the mountain of learning yet to climb, say so! 

Oh the mountains I have yet to climb. The kids group I've had for two years has gotten me over many many many of the little humps: first sock, more lace, better pattern reading. I can talk a kid through just about anything. so long as it isn't crochet. E and I figured out construction of a turtle, A&S are both doing sweaters despite my never having done one, and while I still have them beat for lace, it won't be for long.

I've still never knit a sweater for myself, so at this point it's something yet on the to do list. A difficult pattern I'd like to do?

Vivian by Ysolda Teague
(Link to Twist collective)

It's got cables, lotsa cables. And a hood.  And a zipper. 

I can sew, I've put in zippers before.  It's been a while but I'm capable of it. 

So that's the current goal :) eventually....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...