Monday, April 26, 2010

Knit and Crochet Blog Week Day One: Starting Out

How and when did you begin knitting/crocheting? was it a skill passed down through generations of your family, or something you learned from Knitting For Dummies? What or who made you pick up the needles/hook for the first time? Was it the celebrity knitting ‘trend’ or your great aunt Hilda?

I don't remember when I officially began knitting, I was around the age of seven or eight. I remember disagreements with an anti-left hand relative about allowing an ambidextrous child to hold the yarn in her left hand.  


Ultimately, it was my grandfather's long time significant other (girlfriend just sounds cheesy) who taught me. I learned a bizarre cast on that apparently no one else does and learned English method. From her I learned the knit stitch. 


I returned to knitting more seriously when I was in seventh grade, around age 10 and that's when I count from on my Ravelry page. I add another year on my birthday, it seems easier that way. 


I have no idea what the first thing I knit was...the first thing I remember completing was a variegated scarf for my mom out of Red Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...