Knit and Crochet Blog Week: Day 3 One Great Knitter

One Great Knitter
Write about a knitter whose work (whether because of project choice, photography, styling, scale of projects, stash, etc) you enjoy. If they have an enjoyable blog, you might find it a good opportunity to send a smile their way.

One of the people whose work I've recently come very much to admire is TurtleGirl76.  I think I first became aware of her for the Charlotte's Web Shawl that she did. Rav/Flickr links. I was captured by the beauty of the shawl. Since then I love to follow along as she whips through

She takes beautiful pictures--with much light and color. Recently she got a new camera and has been reshooting some of her yarn and it looks delicious. We have very different tastes--she likes stripes, I don't, she's in a red phase, I have very few skeins in the red family in my stash. But that's part of what is magic--she can look at a pattern and see something totally different than what I saw, and knit something incredibly gorgeous that I might not have every considered but for her sharing it.

She also seems pretty fearless--changing patterns on the fly and knitting personalized top down cardigans. 

And, of course, I have to put a shout out for the fact that I adore Tabby Tuesdays--there are many a Tuesday morning that seeing her marmalades with all their furry fabulousness and crazy commentary that has brought me huge smiles. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting Adjacent

Unpacking the Stash

There had better be time on the plane...