Saturday, April 9, 2016

Something Ventured, Socks Gained

My first pair of socks for Loopy Academy Spring Semester are done!

IMG_7831

It's my first pair of toe up socks, knit from Into the Whirled Pakkoku Sock in the colorway 221b.  I'm not sure I quite get the Sherlock reference myself, but I do like the colors. It's a decent yarn base, knits up nicely on 2.0mm(size 0) needles.

IMG_7832

The socks weigh 72 grams, which uses up enough of the skein to pass for this assignment.

I heavily used Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up and, as expected, her directions are clear and easy to follow. I got through a toe and a gusset heel with a minimum of fuss, though I still was bogged down on the ribbing on the leg. Normally ribbing doesn't phase me, it's just something to be done and I can put my brain into autopilot and churn away. Not on these.

IMG_7830

For now they've gone in the gift bin. They are my size, which is fine, but I need to go through my sock drawer and determine what I'm going to wear and whether or not the various socks piling up will fit someone else. If I were just a size 9...this would be a lot easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...