Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sock Show Thursday: Desk the Second

A part of me wishes I had a more brilliant name than "the second pair of socks that lives on my desk at work" for this pair though it's true. This yarn is so wonderfully bright, though, it deserves better. What do you think I should call them?

2014-06-12 15-33-42.483

With the Emergency Work Socks done, I needed another project for meetings and, as the swift and ballwinder aren't set up right now, I needed something easily handwound. Enter the last two skeins of KPPPM destined to become socks. There is still another 5 skeins in my stash but they are in a blueberry kind of color and I'm hoping to make something larger.

I did have to take these home once, but only because I had a meeting Monday morning that was knittable. Still, where the EWS seemed to slowly chug, these are quickly churning. I'm already to the heel of the first sock. On size 0 (2.0mm) needles no less! Size 0 and "fast" are not words I usually use together unless the modifer "not" is also nearby.

2014-06-12 15-32-54.120

Another few rows and it will be gusset time.

I love the colorway, which I picked up from Nina, a shop here in Chicago last winter.  It's bright without entirely searing your retinas and there are periodic pops of an unexpected color (e.g. 1--just 1 stitch in a very clear yellow. Appropriate to the pallet but only one stitch there) to keep me entertained.  (Anyone who just sighed bemusedly that I'm entertained by pops of color gets taken off the handknits list...)

My commuting knitting has mostly been on a scarf for the Philosopher that you haven't seen yet. It's about 3/4th of the way done. Or, 3/4ths of the way until I'm sick of it. One of the two...

Stash dash continues.  I'm at 1188 meters, so slightly more than 20% but with still quite a ways to go. I dug out the Brunette's mitts the other day and those only need thumbs, so I'm hoping to make progress on those very soon. Every couple hundred meters counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...