Friday, February 3, 2012

Sock Show Thursday: One Done and Onwards...

I haven't been to bed yet, so it's still Thursday. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Pair Number 1 for 2012 is done!!!  I got them done before February even.  Tada!


Okay so really they aren't blue, they're gray.  In this close up shot you can even see it: 


















Overall I think they turned out pretty well.  I really like the yarn.  These are going in the Gift Bin.  They already have a recipient so no, you can't ask for them for yourself. Sorry.


















Last week we left our intrepid purple sock halfway down the leg.  Now, I've turned the heel, decreased through the gusset and I'm zooming down the foot.  I adore size 2 needles with sportweight wool.  One minute you have yarn and seemingly the next minute you have a sock.  These are for me.  


 But as I mentioned earlier this week, I had a needle catastrophe. The Philosopher isn't entirely convinced. He thinks we can fix it without loosing the needle sizing. I've added that to the enormous list of things that need to be done "when we have time."  All that free time just lying around waiting for me, a gouged and chewed on needle (kittens! sigh) and very very fine sand paper.

So while I was waiting, I thought I'd better load my brand new Piddleloop bag.  It's dark brown with blue polka dots and it's so utterly cute that it's kind of painful.  I love getting new bags from Jen and Wendy.




Of course, if you look at all of my Piddleloop bags (except the custom hedgehog one that's holding a sweater that I'm pretending doesn't exist), you might notice a trend.










Anyone?  How I ended up with three polka dot bags I don't really understand but there you have it.

I didn't want to take DPNs to the meeting I had Thursday morning. There were enough people in that meeting who aren't used to watching me knit a lot and metal needles are noisier.  So I opted for the 9" circulars in the 1.5 (2.25mm) size.

Here's what I got done in a 90 minute meeting.











So now I have two socks rolling along. These will hopefully go quickly.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...