Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Brief Detour...

I found out this evening that the parent of a good friend has been hospitalized for leukemia.  She's presently undergoing chemotherapy, which promised to effectively knock out her entire immune system here shortly. There are a lot of interesting facts that go along with it (they're pumping her full of chemicals that they clean up while wearing hazmat suits, for example).

My friend is home in Chicago for the moment but headed back to see his parents in a couple of weeks. I, of course, am reacting with wool.

I'm headed to the yarn store tomorrow to pick up some skeins of Berroco Peruvia Quick or something similar and intend to have something on the needles tomorrow.  I have to track down my size 15 needles, they're around here somewhere.

Anyway, we'll be taking a brief detour as I get this project done. We'll return you to your regularly scheduled Lent after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...