Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Hands Hurt....

The Philosopher asked for a belt. I, apparently not being of sound mind, thought this would be a relatively easy undertaking.

I'm not going to learn anytime soon am I?






This 8 inches of knitting is all I've accomplished in three hours yesterday evening. What you don't see is the 5 ripped out attempts and the sad realization that I have to crochet the hemp thread into something approaching a sport weight before I can knit it on size 0 needles to get any kind of density close to what I'm looking for in seed stitch.

My hands ache and the skin on my index fingers feels sore and abused.  But it's started and hopefully it won't be deemed too girly.  I'm not sure I have the strength to rip it out again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...