Saturday, June 11, 2011

Slow Slow Quick Quick Slow

002For anyone who suddenly has an earworm to the title of the blogpost, the full song is here. And why yes, the reason I know that is because of the 80s movie Girls Just Want to Have Fun. 

Anyway, I have finished socks to show you!! Monday I finished one pair of socks and tonight I finished two more pair. They are going into a Soak bath in just a minute.

First up was the Indulgent Green Socks, which are being set aside for AudioGirl's Birthday. She knows about them, of course, I've been making her try on all of the socks I've been knitting her. She's pretty excited about having a more fully stocked sock drawer for next winter. I'm happy to have another person who I'm close enough to that I'm actually willing to knit socks for who will wear and take good care of them.

003

There are out of Sanguine Gryphon's Bugga. This yarn is always always always a pleasure to work with. The colors are rich and gem like, the base is wonderfully squishy.















Second we have the Maize yarn. It's my first time working with corn yarn. It's okay but very splitty. Also it feels very much like cotton but doesn't seem to chew up my hands as badly. These are also going in the gift bin for AudioGirl.
005

008Finally, finally, off the needles are the Languishing Socks. These socks were cast on over a year ago at my last La Crosse Public Library Knitting in Public Event. I was working on a variety of things but nothing super portable and so I'd just grabbed some yarn and needles there and started a vanilla sock. These would languish and languish. They've been work socks that didn't get worked on at work, all sorts of things. But finally they are done. This is Knit Picks Essentials, the old 100gm put up. Now I can only find it in the 50gm put up. I knit them on size 2 (2.75mm) needles which is probably a little too loose for this yarn, I think I'd get a better fabric on size 1 (2.25mm) needles. But there is no way I am going to rip them out. I'll wear through them and move on.



I am now officially in the KnitGirllls Stash Dash 2011. We're already on the third week but this puts me at 907 meters in and brings my total for the year so far to 3485 meters. I have a lot of catching up to do if I'm going to make 20K this year but I feel like I'm making more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...