Monday, January 3, 2011

Last of Last Year...

I did finish two pair of vanilla socks during extended meetings and such last year. The Incredibly-Patient-Mother got the Water Lily Socks for Christmas.  She will wear wool socks and it makes me happy to think that she'll have warm feet.  I inherited her perpetually cold feet.

These socks are for me though. I've decided I'd like to have about  a dozen pair in my sock drawer so I don't have to do sock laundry every weekend between now and May. Of course, as I only have about five pair right now (Green, Teal, Burgundy, Blue, and those White/Purple/Green, yup five) that's going to be a bit of knitting. Still, I said I was charging in and making progress on some stash this spring, right?

Anywho.

Jan02 001

How Many Meetings Socks (Rav Link)
Needles: Size 2 (2.75 mm)
Yarn: Ewetopia Fiber Shop Merino Sportweight in Spruce
Stitch Count: 52
2x2 Rib, Flap/Gusset Heel, Continue ribbing on top of sock, Rounded Toe.

Jan02 002

Squashed Bugs Socks (Rav Link)
Needles: Size 2 (2.75 mm)
Yarn: Sanguine Gryphon Bugga in VW Bug
Stitch Count: 52
2x2 Rib, Flap/Gusset Heel, Continue ribbing on top of sock, Rounded Toe.

I've already wound up some more yarn for another pair of 2x2 socks. Also, I'm looking at a pair of Cookie A Monkies.  Maybe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...