Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Purple Squishiness

I'm most of the way through my third Loopy Academy project: brioche. I'll have to have a giant blocking party with myself then to try and get the shawl pinned all the way out, and the sweater ends woven in, and this last project just off the needles.  

This is the first "real" brioche project I've done, though from what I can tell the Faucett scarf that Franklin Habit translated for Knitty a few years ago is in this same family if it's not actually brioche. Maybe he'll weigh in? I've done Faucett in worsted weight several times and that's always very satisfyingly fast. 



Therefore it seemed reasonable to tackle a 2 color project and what better than to create something that will go nicely at tailgates in the fall for the local home team. Armed with purple and gray, I set off on the Brioche Basix Scarf.  I'm using Cascade 220 and a size 8 needle. Because I'm at the end of the spring semester and I can occasionally force myself to *not* over-commit, I'm not worrying about the traveling stitches. This is just basic two-colors, all the way up. I'm planning to do some seaming at the end and turn it into a cowl. 


By doing this I'm arguably not learning quite as much as I could but I will be ready to tackle it next time, if I ever want to do brioche again. While people definitely ooh and ahh over it and it's very squishy, I'm ambivalent. I think the majority of it is a need to not be doing obligation knitting.  

I do have forthcoming plans for the summer, mostly involving StashDash 2018 with TheKnitGirllls and a giant box that is coming tomorrow.  And the three pair of socks that are unfinished, two shawls, giant shawl I wanted to knit last fall and didn't get around to, fourteen other things that no, really, I want to make.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...