Saturday, March 3, 2018

As Long as It Is Stockinette

I'm getting ready to teach a brand new half-semester course that starts next week and so I haven't had any spare capacity for complicated knitting patterns. This means the Brioche project I should be churning through is just balls of yarn. Fortunately, I did have the foresight to choose a sweater pattern that is mostly stockinette.


On Friday I got through the majority of the body and now I'm moving the yarn back to size 2 needles to do the bottom ribbing.  I have enough yarn I could probably make it a little longer, we'll see how I feel once it's done and I've also knit the sleeves. The Philosopher put in a vote for 3/4 length sleeves, which I think is a good idea. 

Other stockinette on the needles: 

Another sock! And...not the one you saw last time. That one got abandoned and this one went to see Shape of Water, which was okay--not something I feel like I need to see again. Definitely some gratuitous nonsense in it.  I'm working on the gusset of Sock 1; this is BMFA STR Mediumweight in a Rare Gems colorway that's been in the stash forever. I'm using size 1 (2.25 mm) needles and it's knitting up at a much tighter gauge than the last pair I knit on the same needles. So I don't know what's going on there.  

Finally, just to change it up a bit, it's another Faucett cowl! A girlfriend of mine took me up on the offer and had yarn shipped to my house. Now I just need a couple of hours at home and without my to do list yelling loudly at me. This isn't good train knitting. It's Malabrigo Caracol in the Zarzamora colorway and it's a lot more green that this picture suggests. 


The Estonian Pi shawl is also sitting here on my desk nagging me. (Along with a hungry cat -- guess who forgot to feed them dinner yet) Once I get my lectures recorded, then I get to go back to Chart D!  Until then, nothing more complicated than 1x1 ribbing... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...