Sunday, July 16, 2017

For an Unexpected Journey

Isn't knitting always a bit of an adventure?

While I've never read the Lord of the Rings (I know, I know...turn in my library card now) and I only made it through the Hobbit in middle school (who else remembers that really weird movie Miss 7thGradeHonorsEnglishTeacher made us watch)...I have watched the Middle Earth movies several times and I really do hope to get to New Zealand one of these days to see the beauty in person.

So when Jessalu announced a special pre-order of LOTR map bags, I hastened to the queue.

And now I can venture off on my travels, always having a map and a knitting project!  As usual, Jessalu has made a lovely box bag. 


This will be a suitable size for a sock project, though probably nothing larger than that. Although typing that reminds me that I promised the Philosopher a baby hat for some friends.  I should really go dig out appropriate colored leftovers (i.e. anything not obnoxiously pink or blue, not sure what flavor baby they are having) and make something in the newborn, 3 month, and six month sizes to get them through the first winter. 

First though, I will have to retrieve the bag from a small gray feline.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...