Saturday, January 23, 2016

Hedgehogs Follow Me Around

If you were looking closely at my pictures from Boston, you caught a glimpse of my new knitting bags. These are particularly special ones, as Sibling-the-Elder custom made them for me. Yes, I know, I'm an extremely lucky hedgehog. They are fantastic and several people have inquired about them already.

First up was a box bag that has fabric she commissioned. (No, I won't trade you siblings.)

IMG_7791

Funky hedgehogs!!

IMG_7793 (2)

And the lining fabric goes excellently with it. Currently it's holding a project I've been neglecting in hopes that wanting to show off the bag will prompt some actual knitting.

Next up, another box bag of hedgehog delight

IMG_7794

That's the one that went with me to Boston. I was so scared I'd lose it on my first trip traveling with it, I was constantly checking to make sure I had it. Presently it's still holding that baby sweater that I need to finish up.

Finally, a bag that I expect to get a lot of wear out of this summer:

IMG_7788

It's more hedgehogs but it's a larger, bucket style bag. Check out the top.

IMG_7789

And she put two straps on it--both removable--either a shorter matching "ribbon" handle and a longer cross body strap.  I see a lot of possibilities to toss a sock and my wallet in and go.

She said the corners and zippers were a learning experience! I couldn't tell you the last time I lined something, probably college, so I am thrilled to have these.

Thank you Anna!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...