Stormy Weather Steam

This project had started to be socks but then I changed my mind, grabbed some new needles from Loopy downtown, and then worked on it fairly passively. For....two weeks. It went much faster than I expected.

IMG_7126

It generally follows the Age of Brass and Steam pattern. As in, I used the increases and the eyelet rows and kind of faked everything else. I knit until the center matched the length of the first Brass and Steam triangle I knit him approximately matched, did an eyelet row and bound off.  I figure it's about 70% of the yarn in the skein (no scale) so I'm calling it nearly 300 yards.

IMG_7120 (2)

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Solemate and this is the first time I knit with this yarn. It's only 55% merino, the rest is Rayon and Nylon but it's supposed to keep your feet at an even temperature, if you're wearing socks. It's extremely drapey on larger needles.  I was going to knit this on size 0 (2.0mm) needles as memory serves and it's on size 5 (3.75mm) needles instead.

IMG_7125

While from a distance it looks gray, there are a lot of  subtle blue/purple/green tints to the yarn. Mostly purple.  The Philosopher is already concerned that one of his friends may try to steal it, as it's exactly one of her favorite colors.

With this project, I'm at 1597 yards out of the 5468 that I'm aiming for by the end of summer. No, the stash I added yesterday doesn't count against me. It probably should but I'm not sure that I can knit *that* fast. So I'm currently at 29%.  Not too shabby for the end of the 3rd week. I have another 7.5 weeks to go so this puts me right on track. Of course, I'm also getting close to that part where I don't have projects that are nearly done to help bump up my yardage quickly.  Must get those sweaters finished...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting Adjacent

Unpacking the Stash

There had better be time on the plane...