Neverending Scarf...No wait, I'm done.

This was a ridiculously long project. 480 yards cotton that seemed to be one of those infinite amounts quite a few times...

Behold:
IMG_7081 (2)

It is finally finished, blocked, and actually dry and folded up waiting to go into the gift bin.

IMG_7089

It was long enough that I broke out one of the new blocking mats that I got for Christmas. [Just as soon as the Philosopher and I get all of our stuff in the dining room sorted again, I need to put all of them down and block all of my shawls.]

I still find the color shifts on the pink end too abrupt for my liking.

IMG_7082 (2)

But the red and brown faded together nicely

Here's a more red look
IMG_7087

And then into the browns

IMG_7088

And this is what I had left. Something around 10 yards? I could have knit a few more rows but I didn't feel like stretching it when I got to the garter rib ending and I figure a few yards leftover don't actually hurt anything.

IMG_7090

The pattern, Upstairs by Wollschnegge, was easily and clearly written. This can be memorized in a few repeats.  I left stitch markers in mostly to improve my semi-autopilot knitting.  I only did 39 stitches, if I knit it again [shudder] I might made it one more repeat wider.

Sweater body is almost done again, I'm on the ribbing and new socks to show you tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting Adjacent

You Should Too...

There had better be time on the plane...