Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sock Show Thursday: The More BMFA, the Better

The only skein I had wound and designated for socks when I cast off the Strawberry Banana socks was a skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Mediumweight in the My Blue Heaven Colorway.  This is my second pair with this colorway, I also knit my Hawaii Socks out of MBH.  I bought the skeins separately, but hey, I'm consistent in my purchasing of blue sock wool so that comes as no big surprise.

I hadn't really been paying attention when I cast on and lo and behold, it's the stitch count I use for the Philosopher.  So, despite my more recent plans to only work on scarves for him, he's getting one more pair of socks.

IMG_7012 (2)

I'm not very far along, especially considering how fast sport weight knits up. I'd expected, on Monday, to have a lot of time to work on them during an all day exam I was proctoring, but juggling grading sheets and working with the students precluded that.

I spent an hour over last weekend winding up more yarn for socks and Philoso-scarves. After winding up about 8 skeins, my comment to the Philosopher was "yeah but this won't last me very long" and then I had to laugh. Here was a lot of yarn, that will probably take me 3-4 months to knit up, but I don't see it as very much, and I fully expect to use that plus finish the other projects I'm currently working on during that time as well.

At this rate, I might have to start buying a lot of yarn again. Well, in a couple more years anyway.  Won't that be horrible...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...