Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sock Show Thursday: Prescheduled Emergency Sock Update

Well now that's a descriptive title isn't it?  More clearly: I'm in California attending a conference this week so this is a pre-written and scheduled post about the Emergency Work socks.

These have just been sitting on my desk, worked on when the computer is taking 3 minutes to load something or I just need to listen while on a phone call, times like those.  There aren't a whole lot of those but I've made it through about 50 rows on the leg so far. Another 15 or so and I'll start the heel flap.  From experience, I can get through ~70 rows on the leg to do the size foot I want to do and not run out of yarn. I think I could probably get 71-72 rows in at most, but I'd really rather not get to the last three rows on the toe and be out of wool.














Size 0 (2.0mm) needles continue to be very small, particularly when compared to the size 1.5 (2.5mm) needles I was using for the Night Sky Socks.

The sock has gotten to meet a couple of new coworkers in the past few weeks, and it has my plants, all of which are robustly growing again to keep it company. I must remember when I hit the heel to dig out the other skein of wool and bring it into the office.  So, you know, in mid-May :-p

New socks on the needles when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...