Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sock Show Thursday: Prescheduled Emergency Sock Update

Well now that's a descriptive title isn't it?  More clearly: I'm in California attending a conference this week so this is a pre-written and scheduled post about the Emergency Work socks.

These have just been sitting on my desk, worked on when the computer is taking 3 minutes to load something or I just need to listen while on a phone call, times like those.  There aren't a whole lot of those but I've made it through about 50 rows on the leg so far. Another 15 or so and I'll start the heel flap.  From experience, I can get through ~70 rows on the leg to do the size foot I want to do and not run out of yarn. I think I could probably get 71-72 rows in at most, but I'd really rather not get to the last three rows on the toe and be out of wool.














Size 0 (2.0mm) needles continue to be very small, particularly when compared to the size 1.5 (2.5mm) needles I was using for the Night Sky Socks.

The sock has gotten to meet a couple of new coworkers in the past few weeks, and it has my plants, all of which are robustly growing again to keep it company. I must remember when I hit the heel to dig out the other skein of wool and bring it into the office.  So, you know, in mid-May :-p

New socks on the needles when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

An Eclipse Coming At You

I'd told you I ordered the "Total Eclipse of the Sun" from BMFA, but I didn't yet have a chance to share how beautifully i...