Thursday, February 20, 2014

Candidates and Puddles

Nearly the only thing I've done for the past month is interview people.  I have officially become a very hard person to impress and it's been incredibly draining.  I'm looking forward to March and sitting in my cube like a lump for 1-2 whole hours at a time answering email in a way I can't hardly describe. I might even get back to my research writing.

There's been progress on the Philosopher's socks. I'm through the heel on Sock 2 so it's possible that I might get through an entire sock in the month of February.  3 socks in January, 1 in February.  Yeah, I'm not impressed with me either.

Nor has there been much in the way of work on the Emergency Sock Knitting that's adorning my desk.  I make it through one needle's worth of stitches here and there and pretend to myself it's a row rather than merely 1/3rd of one.


I know, though, that those thirds of rows will add up and I'll be at a heel turn someday.  You know, in October.  When it's cold again rather than still.  

We've had a lot of rain today and three days of warmer temperatures moving us away from the very tall snow piles to very deep puddles. While I have made it outside without my snow boots for the past two days, I've been limited to sneakers as I squelch along and try not to fall on the very slippery slush.  Wool socks are still afoot all the time.  It's currently in the mid 40s so I'm going to canoe my way home (not really, though I'm glad the train I take is elevated) and hope that it's not entirely ice by the time I head out tomorrow morning. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...