Saturday, January 25, 2014

Oooh Shiny

I am, it seems, still weak in the face of a Wollmeise update at The Loopy Ewe. Sherri was sneaky, she put it up on a Thursday afternoon in a "oh, btw there's some extra yarn up this week and also some Wollmeise." sort of way.

It arrived last week and was promptly drooled over. I had managed to limit myself to 2 skeins but this does mean that yet again, I've not managed to make it out of January without buying yarn. Such it is.... I did just sort my Ravelry stash by date added to the database and I have bought a lot less yarn in the past 2-3 years than I used to. I think, if I can avoid sweater quantities this year, I might actually start getting ahead on it.  Of course, it would help if I would knit a few sweater quantities up as well.  So let's see, skip the baby blankets, knit up all the sweaters...

Where was I? Oh right, Wollmeise.

This time it was smaller skeins, only 383 yards/300 meters in a put up.

First up is Fledermaus.
IMG_6887

The Philosopher is interested in this one and I bought it with him in mind. Not sure what I'll make out of it for him, I'm still working on those mitts for him and that's going most slowly, but he's suggested a small triangular scarf so that will probably send me in the direction of Stephen West's patterns.

The Petite Poison No 5 didn't photograph well.

IMG_6895

All of my pictures are dark and fuzzy. Imagine a dark purple with red undertones in a solid.  I've added these two to the Wollmeise bin in the stash, which now has 12 skeins in it. Perhaps a Catkin or another pattern by Carina Spencer. I like her use of two colors and, as I only have 1 skein in each color, that would let me do something other than really small shawls, which I won't wear.

If only there weren't all of those works in progress nagging me...


1 comment:

  1. That Fledermaus would look great in Steven West's Daybreak pattern. I love the colors! -Gretel

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...