Needle Down....

I woke up the other morning to find that Pyewacket had grabbed my current sock off the table and started carrying it around the livingroom/kitchen area.  Fortunately, the spiderweb wasn't too complex and I was able to untangle it.  Monday night, when I sat down to work more on it, I found we'd had a casualty.

Trying to get a picture of this was pretty near impossible. I apparently need a better camera or to finally got that class with Mr. Habit.  Anyway, as you can see there's a chunk taken out of the needle.  I've tried fixing things like this before. I have sand paper for the occasionally little problem.  This, however, is a serious gouge.  In order to sand it down, it's going to change the size of the needle.

I'm not sure if I'm going to try a repair yet.  A quick rummage through the needle stash tells me that I do not have another 9" Size 2 circular. So the Purple Sock (update on Thursday) would have to be completed on DPNs.  *back of hand to forehead* The horror.  You mean, those same DPNs I'm using right now to work out the gusset?

That rummage did turn up my size 1.5 and 0 9" circulars, so I may just have to suck it up and work down the KPPPM stash and knit some of the sport weight on 1.5 needles.  I think this is just a #hedgehogworldproblem  and am trying to resist storming over to The Loopy Ewe and replacing the needle immediately. I can save it for a day I need a wool pick me up and drop into Loopy downtown to inhale the wool fumes.

Hmmm...I also need another set of size 0 DPNs (two of my five are missing now) and my 1.5 DPNs, well, one of them has been bent to heck twice and punctured me in the process.  *considers a needle run*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting Adjacent

You Should Too...

There had better be time on the plane...