Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stripes Go Marching 2x2 Hurrah Hurrah....

Apr17 017I finished another pair of socks! And I don't think you've seen these yet?  I can't find any pictures that I've blogged....so yay! New socks.

I decided to see how my standard 2x2 rib would translate down to a size 1.5 (2.5mm) needle. I cast on my usual 48 stitches and went charging through a skein of BMFA Socks that Rock in the Gypsum colorway.


Oh BMFA STR Mediumweight. How I love you.....  After wrangling the ugly socks and working on cotton socks, there's something very satisfying about getting back to a good wool that you know and enjoy.  Not that there's anything wrong with the other two pairs of socks, but it's a treat for the hands.

022And they're done! Wasn't that quick? They hung out on the needles for about a month. I'd have been done much sooner but I was avoiding the toe of sock 2 in my tried and true can't-take-it-in-public way.

They're a little small for me, so as soon as they are off the sock blockers they'll be headed off to a pair of size 6.5 feet in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...