I got one pair of socks off the needles and despite the two pair that were on the needles (why yes, the Languishing Green Socks are still languishing, why do you ask?), I felt the need to go rummaging in the pre-wound sock yarn. I originally cast on using size 1 (2.25 mm) needles but decided that it was too loose so I went down to size 0 (2 mm). I cast on 76 stitches and started on them.
The yarn is KPPPM. They don't name their colorways, I called it Spring Green and I'm calling the socks New Green on my Ravelry page. While primarily green there is a lot of yellow and blue and hints of brown.
The yarn is dense and squishy. Unfortunately when I tried the socks on AudioGirl on Tuesday, since she's getting these eventually, probably part of her birthday gift, we found that it was about 4 stitches too loose. So the progress you see in the below picture is gone.
But I'm almost done with Corn Sock 1 (started on the toe Tuesday at AudioGirl's) and I'll get these back on the needles soon at 72 stitches.