Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cleaning Out the Chair....

When new yarn comes home to Chez Hedgehog it goes into one of my Ektorp Tullsta (in tan). Since I was getting rather tired of not having either chair to sit in, that meant I needed to a) do the ironing and b) take pictures of the yarn I've bought recently.

A recent field trip to Viroqua and Ewetopia Fiber Shop was mostly about needles, but I grabbed some yarn as well. Tucked back by Kathryn's handdyed was some Alpaca with a Twist Socrates.

IMG_4420

(click to make bigger)

It's soft and pretty and I got enough to tackle a decent sized shawl as desired.  Yes, I know, I'm in a shawl phase and I'm the woman who doesn't really wear shawls beyond a giant blue Clapotis. I'll either learn or have excellent Christmas gifts.

IMG_4446TurtleGirl76, whose gorgeous marmalades light up my every Tuesday, showed us all the way towards Alpha B Yarns on Etsy. Being my usual sheepy self, I followed our shepherdess of bright colors and ooh, pretty, and grabbed a couple of skeins of Blue BFF B Sock in Karashu 

IMG_4447
I love the info cards attached to the skeins:



I haven't knit it yet but I'm thrilled with the yarn. It's soft and squishy and such a wonderfully vibrant blue!


IMG_4433
And finally (for this post)...I may have done a big purchase at Webs. It was on sale, impulse, umm...yah, I don't really have any good excuses other than I'd best go print out a couple of those shawl patterns.The yarn is all Arucania--8 skeins are of the Multi and 3 are a semi-solid that I'm planning to turn into the WendyKnit's current KAL.  That would of course mean I have to stop working on bulky weight shawls... but that's all details. 

I finished the purple/green shawl and the orange city shawl. One's blocking, one's waiting on ends to be woven in. Pics soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

An Eclipse Coming At You

I'd told you I ordered the "Total Eclipse of the Sun" from BMFA, but I didn't yet have a chance to share how beautifully i...