Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh But It's Pretty.....

Sherri at The Loopy Ewe, in her infinite and sales canny wisdom, started a Twitter account that alerts the faithful to Wollmeise and other coveted yarn updates. I have to respect her, she knows how to appeal to those of us who would love to stalk the site pressing F5 all day but can't.

With the advent of Twitter to phone updates though....

I've only had one major fall down.  I've resisted several updates and sprints to grabbing the shiny yarn.  It was a Sanguine Gryphon Bugga/Skinny Bugga update. A "before Sherri said we need more than this when you ship us yarn" update--so you can imagine the web sprinting that occurred. And I got some of the coveted blue/greens...

Apparently I'm not alone in my love of things blue-green-purple. My sister and I were talking today about how predictable I am in my love of those three colors. Considering what you're gonna see in the updates coming, you will probably agree.

I was good--I grabbed the camera before opening the box.
IMG_4078

Pulling it out--there was a lot of oooooh shiny

IMG_4095

It's a mix of regular and skinny Bugga. No clue what I'll make with any of it. I like Bugga very much (the cashmere part helps) and SG's colors are stunning, absolutely stunning. It seems a shame to knit socks, so I think there will probably be some progressive shawls in my future.

And some individual shots.

IMG_4083

IMG_4088

IMG_4089

IMG_4082

IMG_4094

Anybody else hearing Right Said Fred singing "I'm too sexy for my love....love's going to leave me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...